Eloping in the Adirondacks: A Helpful Adirondack Elopement Checklist
Posted in Elopements
Planning an Adirondack elopement? Congratulations! With beautiful outdoor scenery and pristine mountain lakes, the Adirondack region boasts some of the most spectacular views for your Adirondack wedding!
To save you some time, we’ve put together a helpful checklist for your Adirondack elopement. Browse the list below then take a look at our amazing elopement wedding packages at The Fern Lodge. We have hosted numerous Adirondack wedding engagements, elopements and wedding ceremonies at our luxurious romantic lodge in Upstate NY and look forward to the possibility of helping you plan your big day!
Adirondack Elopement Checklist
Below are the step-by-step instructions for planning your beautiful Adirondack elopement at the Fern Lodge:
- Browse the website www.thefernlodge.com to choose a room and the dates of your stay.
- Book your room online choosing the “Elopement Package” (concierge will call you to take care of the few extra details!) or call us directly at 518-494-7238 so that we can personally assist you and answer any questions.
- Choose which day and approximate time you would like your ceremony scheduled.
- Decide what you wish to wear (Traditional bridal gown? Suit for the groom? Cocktail dress and sport coat? Sun-dress and sandals? Jeans and t-shirt?)
- Choose what color roses (red, pink, yellow, burgundy) you would like in your bridal bouquet and the color ribbon on the handle. Usually the color ribbon either coordinates with your dress (white, ivory, champagne, another color) or contrasts (maybe matches a belt/sash). Matching boutonnière for the groom will be provided.
- Melissa from Belle Dolci will contact you to customize your cake.
- Anything you would like to include during your stay or ceremony? Are you exchanging rings? A photographer? A unity candle? Special words you would like to say to one another? Someone to do your hair or make-up? A horse drawn sleigh ride? A cake topper? Special toasting glasses?
- Procure your marriage license– procured anywhere in New York State. It must be procured 24 hours prior to the ceremony and not more than 60 days ahead of time. To procure a license at any town hall, you need your social security card or passport, license passport and divorce papers if there was a previous marriage. Don’t forget to bring it with you!
- Can we assist with dinner reservations? If so, just let us know what you are looking for!
- Arrive to check-in the day of your reservation- we will show you around to find a perfect location for your ceremony.
- Come down stairs at the time of your ceremony to meet the Officiant and Witness and to ask any questions or to let the Officiant know you have personalized your vows/ceremony.
- Enjoy a toast of Prosecco to celebrate your new life as husband and wife!
Dreaming of a Rustic Adirondack wedding?
Have you always dreamt of having a rustic Adirondack wedding? Want to elope in the Adirondacks with no “fuss”? Browse our Adirondack elopement packages to get started now!
Our Adirondack wedding elopement packages are perfect for those looking for a small wedding venue in Upstate NY with a rustic Adirondack wedding theme. Your guests will enjoy staying in our luxury Adirondack lodge which includes a choice of five intimate guest rooms that are uncommonly comfortable – both rustic and elegant. Our magnificent guest rooms featuring sumptuous king size beds, fireplaces, steam showers, jacuzzis, private lake view porches and more.
For more information on hosting your elopement ceremony or small wedding in the Adirondacks at The Fern Lodge, please contact us online or call Sharon at 518-494-7238. We look forward to helping you make your dream wedding a reality!