We suggest the Top 10 Winter Experiences of Winter!
Plan your Adirondack winter getaway at our luxury hotel inn near Gore Mountain. Lodging accommodations are luxurious and private at Fern Lodge. Looking to enjoy some fun winter activities in the Adirondacks? We are located near skiing, snowboarding, shopping, and all the Adirondack winter season events and activities you want to enjoy!
1) Downhill Skiing at Gore Mountain is a short 20 minute drive from The Fern Lodge Adirondack resort. Gore Mountain boasts 2100′ vertical, 11 lifts, 75 trails and 95% snowmaking, Gore is a premier ski area of the northeast The lower part of the mountain (down by Gore’s Ski Town of North Creek) is the North Creek Ski Bowl – it offers night skiing (and its included with your day ticket) . Make sure you stop at barVino Wine Shop to grab a bottle of wine to enjoy in front of the fire when you get back! Whiteface Mountain is 1 hour away and West Mountain is 45 minutes south.
2) Cross-Country Ski and Snowshoe
You can snowshoe or cross-country ski right out the front door of the Fern Lodge on our trails or the lake but there are Facilities at Garnet Hill, North Creek Ski Bowl, Dynamite Hill and Stone Bridge and Caves as well as unlimited acres access on state land.
3) Sledding- Enjoy sledding and tobogganing at nearby Dynamite Hill!
4) Experience the rush of snowmobiling-If you have your own machines join the North Warren Trailblazers for miles and miles of groomed trails… If you would like to rent “sleds” there are options for guided 1 and 2 hour trips for single or double riders. Explore both beautiful pine woods and/or open frozen lake terrain, and return to our luxury Adirondack hotel for the ultimate in relaxation. You can rent a “Machine” with candcsnowmobiletours.com 518-796-1308
5) Winter horseback riding or engage a “one-horse open sleigh”
Looking for places to ride horses in the winter in the Adirondacks? Ride a “one-horse open sleigh” and go over hill and dale on horseback at The Circle B Ranch in nearby Chestertown. Check out Main Street Ice Cream for lunch (or just ice cream!) afterwards. Don’t forget to check out the really nice gift shop upstairs.
6) Take a Brewery Tour, visit Paradox Brewery up in Hudson, Bolton Landing Brewing Co in Bolton Landing, and the Adirondack Winery and The Adirondack Pub and Brewing Co in Lake George and Davidson’s, Coopers Cave, Northway Brewing Co and Mean Max all in Glens Falls.
7) Take a Winter Safari-Let us arrange a local Naturalist/Licensed guide to take you on a personalized back country tour on snowshoes or cross-country skis for a once in a lifetime experience! A few winter safari businesses that we recommend include Adirondack Mountain and Stream, Rustic Homestead and Beaver Brook.
8) Take a day trip up to Lake Placid
Lake Placid is a beautiful one-hours drive north. Home of the 1932 and 1980 Olympics, you’ll find a multitdate of activities to enjoy here! Window shop down Main Street, stop for lunch at any number of great luncheon spots, tour the Olympics Sports Center, go to the top of the ski jumps and watch the ski jumpers or ariel freestyle skiers practice or compete. Check out the luge or bobsledding, even take a bobsled ride yourself. Save room for a piece of pie at The Noonmark diner in Keene Valley or a tasting and tour at Paradox Brewery in Hudson at Exit 29.
- Just take a drive…
Drive over to Brant Lake via Route 8 (make sure you go around the backside-Palisades Road) and drive over the mountain to Hague and back down Rt 9N to Bolton Landing. Stretch your legs and check out the nice shops or get a drink or dinner at any of the nice restaurants along Main Street in Bolton Landing- go sit at the park and enjoy the magnificent view of frozen Lake George in icy splendor.
- Get a massage and take a nap
Fern Lodge is the perfect Upstate NY hotel getaway for all seasons! Be sure to check our seasonal hotel specials and deals – privacy, luxury and exquisite Adirondack lodging accommodations make every season in the Adirondacks romantic and unforgettable:
Guest Rooms & Rates
Our luxury Adirondack lodging includes a choice of five intimate guest rooms that are uncommonly comfortable – both rustic and elegant.
Read just a few of our many guest reviews. We are happy that our guests enjoy our Adirondack lodge as much as we do.
Summer / Fall Packages
Relax and enjoy Adirondack lakeside living this summer with the stunning beauty of the rustic surroundings.